10 June 2011

Thursday June 9, 2011

 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,  far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 
-Ephesians 1:17-22

I really only intended on including the "may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better," part of this verse. But when I started reading it I just thought that it was too beautiful to not include the rest. 


Today Brian and I had a meeting with the camp leadership team. As we discussed a variety of camp-related things, it came up that they were short of speakers for this summer. As soon as they said it, I had had a strong feeling that Brian should do it. I thought it unwise to volunteer my husband without talking to him about it first, but I really felt like it was the Holy Spirit speaking to me, telling me to encourage Brian to do so. 
The cool thing is, when the Holy Spirit speaks (especially to a husband and wife), he doesn't do so in a way that is divisive. When he speaks he calls us to unity. His wisdom and revelation help to build up and inspire.
When we left the meeting, Brian shared with me that he had been feeling God tell him the same thing. Without having even discussed it, the Lord has individually told us the same thing, so that we were able to stand united in the decision, knowing that God had revealed his wisdom to us- rather than it just being a selfish, independent idea that we created on our own.


Thankyou Lord for the way that you speak to your children. Thankyou that you speak your wisdom to us in a way that unifies and builds up; a way that draws us nearer to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment