8 June 2011

Wednesday June 8, 2011

 
Sing to the LORD a new song, 
   his praise from the ends of the earth, 
you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, 
   you islands, and all who live in them. 
Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices; 
   let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice. 
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, 
   along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; 
I will turn the darkness into light before them 
   and make the rough places smooth. 
These are the things I will do; 
   I will not forsake them. 


- Isaiah 42:10-11, 16



Today, me new friend at work told me that she researched some of the evangelical churches I had recommended. Her and her boyfriend are interested in trying them out, but they don't want anything too far away (understandably). 
The Lord is just so sovereign and good. Is it possible that he led them to the house they are living us JUST to draw them near to himself (I will lead the blind by a way they do not know...)? 
My friend looked up one of the churches and said "wow, this looks awfully familiar". Her boyfriend responded, "Of course it does! Look outside...". Apparently they can see the church from their front window.

Lord Jesus thank you for the ways that you lead us even when we don't know we're following. You are so sovereign and good. I pray that you would continue to show us your love and goodness, and that you would lead my friend to yourself- that she might know the blessing of being found in you! Thank you for showing up in unusual things like geography... help us who are blind to walk in your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment